Tuesday, February 17, 2009

HERO

Hero.... That word echoed in my head for several minutes after I watched a performance of Danny Gokey of Americal Idol Who just sang Hero by Mariah Carey. It was so touching to see (or heard) his rough life after he lost his wife and now he is standing on the stage to prove that he can get over it and start living his dreams. I think everybody will reach that moment of life where they get stuck and there's nobody to put their feet back on the ground. At that point, they will search what they really need to keep going on. That is their own inner strength....

There's a hero if you look inside your heart.
You don't have to be afraid of what you are.
There's an answer if you reach into your soul
and the sorrow that you know will melt away.
And then a hero comes along
with the strength to carry on
and you cast your fears aside
and you know you can survive.
So, when you feel like hope is gone
look inside you and be strong
and you'll finally see the truth
that a hero lies in you.

It's a long road when you face the world alone.
No one reaches out a hand for you to hold.
You can find love if you search within yourself
and the emptiness you felt will disappear.
And then a hero comes along
with the strength to carry on
and you cast your fears aside
and you know you can survive.

So, when you feel like hope is gone
look inside you and be strong
and you'll finally see the truth
that a hero lies in you.

Lord knows dreams are hard to follow,
but don't let anyone tear them away.
Hold on, there will be tommorow.
In time you'll find the way.
And then a hero comes along
with the strength to carry on
and you cast your fears aside
and you know you can survive.

So, when you feel like hope is gone
look inside you and be strong
and you'll finally see the truth
that a hero lies in you.
That a hero lies in you,
THAT THE HERO LIES IN YOU....



I feel that I am in that point right now. I am far from those who usually give their hands for me to hold on, from those who devoted their time to hear me whine, shortly, from those whom I love. This is probably not as hard as the experience of those who lost the ones they loved; or those who have to survive among war and violence, or those whom their liberty has been taken away. Comparing to anyone else's tough experiences in the world, my experience is nothing. But, it is hard for me...in the beginning.

Here, I have my second family. They said they are ready to hear my story, happy or sad. But, it's just different. I also make friends, but they are a lot different. Different here is not related to race, nationality, language, or whatever. The difference is just about what I feel about them. I don't have that comfort to tell them my problems, my thoughts, and my experinces. Friends are friends are friends. But in my case, friends here and there are just different.

Realizing these things, I stopped and started to think. I am not gonna have fun if I let this burden sit on my shoulder. I gotta move on.
I listen to my heart, I befriend myself, and I let myself take a rest. That is all what I did, and I feel TONS better now.
I am happy the way I am now cuz I know wherever I go, I'll always have someone to trust and to lean on....
myself...

0 comments: