Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Florida Day 4: Schwizz and Indonesian

Today I woke up at 10, had a light breakfast, took a long shower, and got on the computer. Pretty lame, yeah. After a while I got bored, so I went biking for a while. It was not much fun to go biking by myself, because I will look pretty strange and I have to say hi to everyone I meet on the street including some fancy young mothers who blocked a narrow lane by their baby buggies.
However, when I came back to the condo, I found Shiori who wanted to go jogging. So, I followed her jogging with my bike. We went outside of the resort area and found a very interesting track for biking.
We came back exactly at three o'clock...an exact time that Florian promised me to start doing our project. Yeah...this two weeks break is a project period week from our school. All the students are supposed to do a project whatever they want and present it when we get back to school. I decided to learn Florian's language for project, and Florian decided to learn my language as his project. How exciting, hahaha.
So, here we were, in my condo's balcony. I took note of some Swiss-german greetings and expression and he took note of some Indonesians. Learning Swiss-german is pretty hard. They use Swiss-german in speaking only, they do not write in Swiss-german, so there are no exact spelling for the language. I also practiced to pronounce the "kkhhhh" thingy. It is so hard, probably because I'm not used to spit so intensely. The word "zwanzg" took me the longest to pronounce because Florian kept saying that I don't pronounce it correctly.
Florian had a tough time as well. He took longest time to pronounce "ng" and "ngg". He had a hard time to pronounce the word "mendengarkan". It was so funny to hear him speak with his "kkkhhh" accent.

We're gonna continue learning tomorrow.... and tonight I gotta practice how to pronounce "zwanzg" and "lieblingsgetrank"

guet nacht, people!

0 comments: