Sunday, February 22, 2009

Florida Day 2: Missing Home, Frog, Toad, and Armadillo

My bed! This is actually a couch in the livingroom, but we turned it into a bed! yeah...there are only 2 beds in our condo and there are 3 of us...so one of us has to sleep in the livingroom. We take turn for the bed, hahaha


The pond behind our condo. There are some alligators in it, but I've never seen one yet.


The view from our balcony. The whole thing makes me miss home so bad, especially when I hear the sound of bouncing tennisball on the court nearby, I miss my parents so much. Back home, they sometimes take me and my sister to a hotel or resort while they play tennis; the view and feeling is exactly like this.


When Zhanar and I tried to scare Jade (who was still sleeping) in his room, we saw this unnatural looking frog on the door knob. We tried to scare it and even took a picture, but it didn't move, so we thought it's fake. Then Zhanar poked it, and it shocked and moved. We screamed...but Jade didn't wake up at all, hahaha. After that, Zhanar and I argued whether it was a frog or toad. I said it's a toad, but Zhanar was right...it was a frog, hahaha.


Shiori and I went biking when Zhanar tried to tan (it didn't work, though). We passed this pretty pond. There were turtles and weird huge birds that fly very low.


I'm so glad we have bicycles here ^^




Zhanar, Pato, Jade, Florian, and I took a walk at night. This is the same pond that I passed by. It looks so creepy at night.


When we went back to our condos from night walking, we saw an armadillo in someone's front yard. I got so excited, and I yelled, "Look at that thing!!!" At first, I forgot what it's called, but Pato reminded me. When I yelled, the armadillo got scared and run. Pato approached it to take a picture, but the armadillo vanished in the bush. Too bad :(

0 comments: