Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Swinging in the air in a freezin' cold day



Hi there!

ooh...it's been so long since the last time I updated my blog. Last week was so hectic. I've got lots and lots of homework so I didn't have any chance to write my experience from the previous week. Too bad...cuz I've got a ton to tell from the week before.

I actually have a draft of my post when I couldn't finish to write it up, so now I'm gonna finish it.

hwaaah...I'm so happy right now. Last week was awesome. First, I improved in my ski lesson ^^. Second, there was a mid-term meeting from my exchange agency. It was sooo much fun.

I was kinda dissapointed when I had to leave the ski resort earlier. I had a ride for Dolores (my area liaison) in Concord at 4 pm to Peterborough (the meeting venue), so I gotta leave. I was just going to go up to the mountain when my hostmom came and dragged me to the car.


anyway...
We spent the first night of the meeting with eating dinner, having discussion about family issues, and playing card. We played bias,, it was funny.


O yeah, there were two new students that just arrived. They are Fiona from Malaysia (my neighbor!!) and Hugo from Brazil. There were more people that I've never met before. I was excited.

The next day was freeeeezing cold! Unfortunately, that day we had outdoor activity all morning and afternoon. Bwah! In the morning after breakfast, we had some game to warm up. We even played tag ON the POND. Haahaha....technically on the ice that covered with snow, lol. We had some other game, like blindfold dodgeball, lobster baseball (??), etc.

After we had lunch and a bit of warmth, we went outside (again), headed to a lodge in the woods. We were going to do High Ropes Course. Yeahh..I was pumped! lol

Without any doubt, I followed the line to climb the high ropes. Some of my girl friends got freaked out in the middle of the ropes they were walking on. They were like shaking in the air. I was wondering, is it that hard?
After hours and hours of waiting (exaggerating, sorry), then I'ts my turn! Woo...it's harder that I thought it would be! I was shaking like hell on the ropes. I went really slow. But it was worth it... after I reached the third tree, I got a chance to try pendulum.
So, I hold on the rope, then I jumped down, and I started to swing back and forth like a pendulum. Whoooaaa..that was awesooome!

I love the sensation when I jumped down from 10 meters or more high tree. So gooood!
During the course, I was kinda anxious because It's getting dark and I didn't have a chance to pray ashar. It's kinda hard to wash for praying because I was so bundled up in winter jacket and bunch of security equipment. When I'm done with the course (although many of my friends were still not done yet), the sun was like 5 inches from the horizon. So, I decided to run and find a place to pray. The lodge where we were last time was far away, and I didn't have that much time left. So, I just picked a random lodge (it was in the middle of the woods). I did tayammum and started to pray. It was freaking creepy. The woods was dark and I was by myself, and I kept imagining myself hearing strange noises. I imagined that I saw a bearded midget approaches me with an axe in his hand... (wth??)
I could not concentrate in my prayer...but, what could I do?
yeah...it was one of my prayer experience that I will not forget ;p

Actually, I've got many more to write...but I have to finish my Adv. Bio lab about human evolution...
So...
later, people!

0 comments: