Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Hope Continues...





Hi there!
I should have written this post yesterday because the topic's gonna be fresher. But I got too much homework yesterday... Homework sucks -_-
Last Tuesday (Jan 20th) was a historical day. After we celebrated Martin Luther King's day on Monday, we recorded another history. Yeah...it's Obama's inauguration. It was a blast. All students and staffs in my school gathered in school's studio to watch the inauguration. I could see that everyone in the room were into it. We 'boo'ed when Bush showed up (but after that our teacher got mad, lol), we cheered when Obama came out, and we applaud everytime Obama said something astonishing. When everyone in DC sang the national anthem, we stood up and sang (not including me...I don't know the lyrics, hahaha).

There were soooooooo many people watching the inauguration in DC. It's like millions of people. One of my friend that went to DC that day said, "There are many more people that couldn't get in to the mall. There are many more people than you saw on TV"
Wow!!
Anyway, I like the part when Obama staggered when he sworn in. Hahahaha... I thought he was very nervous or something. But my teacher said that the priest (or whoever it was) messed up the oath, so Obama got confused and staggered. The oath is written in the Constitution and I bet Obama remember all the words in his head, so when the priest messed up, he hesitated. The next morning (or maybe later that day, don't remember), they repeated the oath. It was pretty funny...
The amazing part is when my teachers cried after the sworn in. They hugged each other and sobbed. Wow...it must be something they really really want. It must be a great deal for them.
It's just so wonderful to see people happy that day. Hopefully they'll be that happy for the rest of the time.

I noticed in Obama's speech, he mentioned about Moslem world, and how he wants to have a better relationship based on mutual interests and respects. He's pretty brave to say it directly as if one of America's biggest problem is the relationship with Moslem world. Well, it is actually.
I really appreciate his willingness to fix this relationship.

Note: I will not say Islamic World, and I'll use Moslem world instead. Because the whole problem is about Moslems (the people), not the religion (Islam).

But, the thing that I can't understand is the response of some people in Moslem world. I saw in the news that some people in Iran burn the pictures of Obama. Where are their respect?
Well, I say this probably because I don't know how it feels to suffer and trapped in a war like the mid-eastern people feel.

But, anyway, I do hope that Obama will bring a change to the world. And I do hope that the changes will show the world that Americans are not evil, because they are not.
Changes are all we need
Changes are all we're going to work on

0 comments: