Sunday, March 1, 2009

Florida Day 9: A lil bit of Childhood Nostalgia

Last night I went to bed at 2.30 after I watched Crayon Shinchan in Cartoon Network. It's strange to hear Shinchan and all the characters speak English. Moreover, they pronounce Shin like Shane. That's not cute anymore. In Indonesia, the trade mark of Shinchan is when he calls his mom with a deep voice, "Mama mama...". In English when it becomes "Mommy...mommy" in a child voice, it doesn't sound as great. I just looked up Shinchan versions in many languages from youtube. I watched the Indonesian, Malay, Spanish, French, and Hindi versions. In Malay, Hindi, and Spanish versions, Shinchan's voice sounds really like a child, a normal one. In Indonesian version, Shinchan's voice is deep and it sounds like an abnormal child, and it is so great because he is a little bit extraordinary (in a bad way). The one that always makes me laugh so bad is his voice, honestly.

Well, we cannot really decide which version is the best because it all depends on the viewers and their preferred language. I would say that the best version is the original one, which is Japanese. But, I still say that Indonesian version is really good, hahaha. It doesn't matter, anyway...

Anyway, back to Shinchan...although this anime is known as a bad effect for children because of its vulgar scenes and conversations, I still have it in my favorite cartoon list ;)
Until my junior high years, I always watched Shinchan every Sunday morning. I sometimes rent its videos. Watching it last night was kind of a nostalgia of my childhood :)
I have the opening soundtrack video of the show posted, for those who used to watch Shinchan every Sunday morning in their childhood :)
Enjoy!


0 comments: