Thursday, April 16, 2009

Straight A's

Yesterday, I got my 3rd quarter report card. The feeling of getting a report card here and back home is totally different. Back home, we have a special day after final exam when our parents come to school to receive our grades. It is such a big deal. We also have ranks in our class. I always feel nervous in that particular day. I have three ways of spending the day:
1) Watching tv at home without paying attention at what I am watching cuz I get to go pee so often.
2) Go to school and hang around with my friends while my parents are having 'bussiness' with my teacher (read: go to the bathroom together with my friends pretty often)
3) Help around with Journalistic team to give school magazines to every single class. Sometimes, my teacher ask me to put the magazine inside the file folder where our grades are kept. I like this part, cuz I get to see my grades too, hahaha.
Here, report card is not as big deal. The teachers just give the card to us in the library at lunch. If we don't show up, they will come to us and hand the card. Simple, huh?
Back home, we like to see each others grade, we compare our report cards. But here, such a thing is not common, and it's considered to be impolite if you ask someone's grades.
Anyhoo...I was so thrilled to see the first page of my report cards. It's my grade in Junior English. What did I get? A- Yaaay!!! Last quarter I only got B, so....I'm improved, ain't I? ;)
The thrilling past is...I get all A's for the rest of the subjects I take!
OHOHOHO
US History = A+
Math = A
Chemistry = A
Adv Biology = A-
This is as thrilling as last year when I got the 9th academic rank out of 280 eleventh graders in my school.
:D
Now, I feel like studying...
I wanna go home, start my senior year, and off to college as soon as possible....
GANBATTE!!!
^^9

0 comments: