Sunday, December 28, 2008

Life is A Mystery

Today my dad called me from Indonesia. At first he asked me to go online, but then he told me a very bad news. My neighbor passed away yesterday. It really made me shocked. He was our close neighbor who lived 2 houses away from ours. We had a good relationship with him. And he passed away, unpredictably. He was pretty young, maybe 40's. And what makes me really sad is that he has 5 children. His family is not really wealthy, but not poor. He has a small convenient store that probably is his second biggest financial resource after his own job.
So, one night, he went out with his son by a motorcycle. Then, he was crashed by some insane drunk teenagers who was also riding a motorcycle. He is not saved. His son is in the hospital at the moment, he got a really bad injury on his head. I feel really bad about that.
This bad news makes me think...
How simple God can take away our life and how fast it can be. Life it's unpredictable, and that's what makes it challenging (not always in a good way, of course).
I'm not ready to leave or to be left by the loved ones. Not now, and maybe I never will until it really happens.

0 comments: